Friday, December 12, 2008

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!

I have only one more week here in Calgary with my family! I will miss them along with Grandma for Christmas but this year we get to join my American family. Mike and I are very excited to have Christmas in Tri-Cities with mom and dad Davis! We will also get to see several of Mike's long time friends, Joe, Walter, Josh and others as well as Bree & Trason. We are thrilled, but I have a long journey ahead of me, only a 13 hr drive on normal roads and who knows on snowy, snowy, snowy roads!
First things first...my mom is a divine interior decorator! She makes this home feel so cozy and warm with that perfect Christmas smell. Here are some pics.







Now onto the SNOW. So last sunday the snow started at 8:30 am and by the time mom & I left for church there was a good 4 inches. After church there was a good 7 inches and by 5:30pm when the snow stopped we had 8inches. Then today at work around 2pm it was a comnplete white out again with snow falling like crazy. The drive home took 2 times as long and on a highway with a 110km speed limit, my max was 60km. It was crazy! Well it still hasn't stopped and it is midnight. I honestly don't think I will be able to get out of the garage for work tomorrow. Here are some pics

Snow drift at the door, yikes, its only 7pm at this point!



This is a good 1/2 meter high pile of snow on the back patio table!


Now onto the big one...we were all doing our own thing and then heard a big bang, snap sound. We all wondered what it was. This is our huge outdoor gazeebo. The strong metal frame collapsed under the weight of the snow. We were outside trying to save things from getting worse. It sure was an adventure and a great workout! It wasd fun family bonding time! We worked great as a team. The next few days are suppose to be -25 degrees celcius. Wow, I hope lola starts ok!




4 comments:

ANDY, JEN & KIDDIES said...

How crazy is that. We never see that much snow in Boise. Hope you guys have a great Christmas. We will have to get together when you get back.

Suzy Hicks said...

Wow, I'm definitely not jealous of all the snow you got in Calgary, I am VERY jealous you went to a Flames game though!

Jeff and Laura said...

Oh my! That is a lot of snow. Although you had those disasters I would love to have that snow here! Just for Christmas would even be great! I hope you travel home safely!

Bree said...

We are SO excited to see you guys; one week to go! I hope you can make it safely, your snow makes our snow look like nothing - he, he! It's really cold here and our little skiff is sticking around for a while I think?!! Highs in teens, low 20's and lows in negative (single) digits. Merry Christmas!