Tuesday, July 1, 2014

HAPPY CANADA DAY!!!

Its been a dream for 4 years in the making. I have always wanted to have a Canada Day party that included a Canada trivia game and this year I finally did it!!! I had a great time and I sure hope everyone else did. My brain is already working on ideas, food and the game for next year.
 Getting ready!
 The goody bags filled with Canadian Candy and of course a CD with Canadian artists!
 The final spread of goodies...chocolate bars, ketchup and All dressed chips, nanaimo bars (a huge hit), fuzzy peaches, cherry blasters, wine gums and maple leaf watermelon.
 visiting
 The Kogans - without Bree and Trason we wouldnt have had all our wonderful candy because they took a trip up to Vicoria, which is in British Columbia and not only brought down my goodies but also picked up these awesome shirts to support my cause!
 Steve and Tiki - Im so glad they came and truly loved Steve's ALL-OUT nasty American flag shirt. Steve competed in the final round, so he must have remembered quite a bit from his years living in Canada or he is just one smart dude!
 The Kinny's - Walter and Tiffany had an advantage as they just went up there for their anniversary a few weeks prior to this. In fact Walter was our ultimate champion and got to walk away with his very own copy of Strange Brew!!!
 The Byrd's - Had very logical answers, but also very wrong. Audra was our biggest loser and got a cute book about Canada and a notepad with a maple leaf and a red pen to take notes for next year!
 The Tew's - Brittany is a good friend of mine from Jr. High and Highschool. They came from Yakima to join us! We knew Brad had a slight advantage  but we let him play and of course Britt was disqualified...
 The final score board...
 The day after, I forgot to take pics of this area, with the poutine and punch!


 I love my cute drink dispenser
 We served poutine but didn't take a picture and couldn't make them exactly the same, but here it was it was suppose to look like.
 The invites I sent out.
I'm so grateful for the country that I love and to have 2 countries to call mine. Its so ironic (Alanis Morsette) how this year I was in the US for Canada Day and I will be in Canada on July 4th.
We had tons of fun! Mike and I are excited to have a few more annual parties, we're already looking forward to Halloween...

No comments: