Saturday, January 24, 2015

January...

January is THAT month. That month where everyone is pooped from the "holiday" season, because since October there has been major holidays that - despite being so fun, often times comes with lots of decorating, parties, planning  and preparing. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the holiday season, decorating and parties but its still exhausting and even if you wanted to take a break there is no time, so January is when you get sick (if you were fighting off something) when you chill, re-coop and try to take it easy. No one has money b/c of Christmas and its just always going to be that way. I'm totally okay with it, but thats just how it is. This year, we did just that...chill, re-coop, get sick, take too long to pack up Christmas b/c heck, Valentines isn't until February. So here are some pics to show what we've been up to. I will say that the weather here in Tri-C has been pleasantly warm and I'm not going to complain, Im just so not use to it after Cleveland and of course being a Canadian!
 DOING SOME EASY BAKING!

 Messy truffle success!

 Lincoln started preschool just 2 days/week at Edgewater with Mrs. Debbie Hughes and besides the first day, where she thought she'd try and take Lincoln's snuggle for the whole time, which she didn't know how important it is to him, but must have been torture for him (I can't even wash it without him freaking out). I mean, think about it...First day, new kids, new place, new teacher and on the young side. He needed his comfort snuggles. I felt so bad for him and until we established that he can keep it, which took him a few times to build back that trust, but now he is totally fine with it.
 Love his little zebra backpack!
 look at this cute thing!
 Doing the Elsa puzzle together is quite a hit!
 Everett is my new kitchen "helper" you can't even imagine the things I find all over the place, but the garbage can is his favorite place to put things right now. Shoes, food, utensils, toys...you name it. keeps me on my toes no doubt.
 Going to Goethals park with daddy! and ziplining it up!
 doing her own hair for errands. Too adorable!
 Lincoln being adorable with his snuggles/
 I mentioned the bench Mike made me in my Christmas post and here is a picture finally. Isn't it awesome!
 Playdoh time has been super popular lately, especially Lincoln. He loves making us burritos, and any kind of food really. Here, Vienna is making a huge bowl of rainbow vanilla icecream while wearing her birthday hat from Vedder's B-day!
 We took advantage of our 1 and only snowfall for the winter. It was on Everett's B-day. I was so sick and it was a Sunday, but luckily Grandpa let us borrow the sleds they had. The kids were fun to watch, I wished I could join them.

This is what our house looks like after playdates it is 2-3 times the bomb it normally is.
 Grandpa and Vienna with Mario mustaches for Vedder's B-day, which was on the 6th and I was still SO sick, so I couldn't go and Mike was working. Luckily G-ma was willing to take them for me.

 Vienna with her little "real pet parakeet" has been fun!
This should be up with the other preschool pics, but oh well, his face is a good way to end this post. January, besides all of us being sick, has been a nice relaxing Month, thank heavens, we really needed it!

No comments: