Sunday, January 25, 2009

Life Back in "The City of Trees"

We have been home for a week now and we are still getting settled in. I brought so much stuff back from Calgs, with Chubbs being deported and getting our bed back, unpacking and with all our Christmas goodies we are having a tough time trying to fit everything into our tiny apartment, so we are selling a desk to help out the situation. Our 4 main living areas are in order but our back room is disasterous! It will be done soon.
Mike is busy with school, dental application stuff and DAT prep. He is such a hard worker and very motivated and excited. He is great and doesn't really get stressed, so that is wonderful. We'll see how that goes when he is dental school and has kids...just kidding, he will do great!
I am glad to be back home...well Canada is still my home and native land of course, but you know what I mean. I am also learning alot about my new calling...it is a bit overwhelming, but I am enjoying it so far. Job searching is moving along and I have begun, what appears to be a long and treacherous road. Thank goodness I have so many people on my side trying to help me out.
In our 7 days of being home we have already visited with the Ensminger's, Joe & Jane Powers (good friends from Tri-Cities) and gone to Bishop's for a visit. We have been busy as usual.
I just wanted to post some pics of sweet little Bryson, Bree & Trason Kogan's little man that was born on Dec 30th. He really is a cutie.


3 comments:

Ryan and Janelle said...

Welcome "home"!!!!

Larsen said...

Welcome back...what is your new calling, you didn't say or I didn't catch it.

From our experience, and here is some uninvited advice, Mike should have(meaning he MUST have) his app stuff in within the first two weeks of when the school(s) start accepting apps.

Good Luck. I hope you road of dental applying is unlike what ours was.

Gina

Bree said...

Oh what a cute baby boy! He, he! You two look so perfect as parents. I can't wait for you to have your own little one(s) someday! Our kids will be the greatest of friends, like you are to us! We love you and can't wait to see you this spring.
PS) Bryson misses you lots!!!