Sunday, March 15, 2009

Baby Dorothy, My Chef & New Hair Do

So It is not St. Patricks Day yet, so maybe our luck is waiting until then. As far as luck, I am referring to finding a job, yeah I know, I'm a broken record. Anyway, we really are being blessed and surviving with enough sub jobs. We are looking forward to going back to Tri-Cities at the end of Mike's spring break. Apparently his folks have a Bowling tournament planned and we are excited to be apart of it. Mike is studying hard and doing well in his classes. He has Bio-Physics, Organic chemistry, organic evolution, he is doing Nano-particle research with his Chemistry professor, Dr. Lee and is in the process of getting trained on the scanning electron microscope. He is also doing shadowing at Dr. Hathaway's office and taking his online Kaplin course for DAT prep, which he spends oodles of time on. He is working so hard and doing very well.
I am basically consumed with job searching and my calling. I still find time to do some crafting, and I am beginning to train for a triahlon with Mike, which we are very excited about.
Some more very exciting news, one of my bestest friends and former roommates, basically she is like another sister had another baby girl. Her name is Dorothy Ethney Simmonds...Can you believe it, I have a baby named after me. Here are some pics...





So, as I get called in for work at random times and with little time to prepare, Mike has been absolutely wonderful at lightening the load by making dinner for us. He is such a great little chef. I haven't taken pictures of all of his meals but these Empanada's were absolutely delicious. Empanada's are a mexican food, but Mike had several in Belize on his mission. All I can say is, keep it up!!!

The rest of the pics are of my new hair-do! I needed it done so bad.


4 comments:

ANDY, JEN & KIDDIES said...

Cute hair! I guess you haven't been able to find a job yet! Are they keeping you busy temping? Well I hope all is going well! We definatley still need to get together now that the kiddies and I are better. We'll call you!

Bree said...

Eth: Love the do, the food looks wonderful and what are you crafting?!??! That's so special that your friend named her little girl after you! I'm not surprised :-) You are a wonderful friend to all. We can't wait to see you guys. Bryson is especially excited - he, he. There was a girl that moved her from Boise last week, she moved to Tri Cities because she could'nt find ANY work in Boise. She said the job market is SO bad there. I'll keep praying for you. See you soon!

Noelle said...

You are quite the model, love the poses!

Ryan and Janelle said...

LOVE the new do!!!