Monday, April 27, 2009

Our Great Weekend!

Spring is definately here. The buds are emerging from the trees and bushes, flowers are in bloom. The wind is blowing and keeping things cool, but all in all spring is here. This past weekend we had a great time!!! Our dinner at the Huffaker's was delicious, but the company was the best part. Before the sun went down we did a short game of Bocchi (sp?) ball, which brings back fond memories. Then it was off to the Johnsons for some games. We played a new one called wits and wagers, which is very recommendable and then we did more "Celestial Companion Gaming." Its jut like the Newly Wed game, but more g-rated. Let me just say that Mike and I suck at this. We always have and I think we always will. Despite that fact that we have a great relationship and both feel like we communicate well, we still always come in last place. Either way I guess we are great entertainment for everyone else. That was a late night for us! Saturday was spent running around doing this and that, we went to Texas Road House (Thank you Grandma!) which was a highlight for Mike but the best part was we hit a milestone in our relationship...Our first concert together. Thats right we have been together for over 3 years, both love music but haven't been a concert yet. It was the Death Cab for Cutie Concert and it was alot of fun. We are lucky enough to live so close to downtown so we get to walk to everything. It was at the Morrison Center and the 2 opening bands weren't all that bad either. We had great seats and look forward to our Killer's Concert with Steve & Tiki, as well as the potential to see Dave Matthews at the Gorge...we'll see about this. I would love to go there one more time before we move far away for graduate school.

3 comments:

ANDY, JEN & KIDDIES said...

Glad you guys had some fun this weekend. Andy told me you guys stopped in to see him the other day at his work. We definatley need to stop talking about getting together and just do it. I'll have to talk with Andy and see what his schedule is like this and next week and them give you a call. Take care!

George and Caralee said...

Can I come with you to the DMB concert?? I have always wanted to see them in concert!!! I loved the Death Cab for Cutie concert and thought the same as you, the openers weren't too bad.
It was fun to see you there.

Ashley Dawn said...

Hey! I just found your blog. I'm excited to read through and see what you have been up to. My blog is jakkscahoon.blogspot.com!