Sunday, May 10, 2009

B-day, M-day & Calgary

Well it has been a while and lots has gone on. Last sunday I flew back to Calgs for some serious work. I'm here for 2 weeks so we can make some extra money for Mike's dental school applications which are sent in June 1st. My Nan's b-day was on the 8th so I took her out for a Vietnamese lunch and shopping which was alot of fun. I love my Nan and Grandad! They are so sweet and kind. She had never had Vietnamese and liked it but didn't put the yummy sauce on it. I have been able to visit with Sonia, Joel, Josephine and their latest addition Dorothy. I love my 2 little nieces (for all intents and purposes). Aarika and Eric had me over for dinner at their home in Sundance (My old stompin grounds) which is strange for me. Either way the food was delicious and the company was great! I loved watching Levi and Lucy playing, it was so precious. My mom and I got to hang out and go to Ikea, which is one of those stores I long for. IT's better that there isn't one in Boise as the little bit of money we have would be spent their instead of on our basic necessities. I go just to look and dream. My sister Lanae came up from Lethbridge for the weekend, she is always a blast to hang out with. It has been busy but fun. Church today was enriching and the Mother's or "future mothers" got Purdy's Hedgehogs as our little gift, oh my how delish, just what I needed. We are having Sweet and Sour Chicken for our M-day dinner, which is a childhood favorite. The weather here is really beautiful today, we were outside on the 3 tramps and played bocci ball. I still have a few more days here. Mike and I have chatted daily and he seems to be staying very busy with studying, moving family's, going to the spring fling and all that good stuff. Lets just say, I'm missing him and can't to wait to see him on thursday evening. All in all it has been a good trip, but I'm anxious to get back.

2 comments:

Jeff and Laura said...

I am glad you are having a fun time in Canada. It's got to be hard to leave Mike here...but hey its finals week anyway. See you soon!

Scott and Jamie said...

Good luck on those apps. I remember mailing all those out, with secondaries, etc. We're praying for you guys to come to Indy! How fun would that be?