Friday, March 26, 2010

38 Weeks...will she ever arrive???

So the past few weeks have been great! I don't have much to complain about, except...when I had my membranes stripped yesterday, it was really uncomfortable for about 5 seconds. My OB said this is what contractions will feel like, but for much longer. This just made me a bit nervous about this whole delivery thing. Don't get me wrong, I am excited to meet my little girl, but what has got to be done before she is in my arms is the part I am a bit nervous about. Either way, it is coming. I have gotten more uncomfortable these past couple of days and my feet are getting more and more cankley, but Mike was so sweet yesterday and said, very sincerely, "You are a very sexy pregnant lady." It was very sweet and made me feel good, even though, well you know, being huge is tough.
Yesterday was my last day of work, we have almost everything ready to go, just a few more household chores and running around, but otherwise we are ready...well as ready as we can be I guess.
I got my hair done today then Lanae came into town and we pampered ourselves. I got my first pedicure ever, it was wonderful! I also got my nails done. I am feeling super special and ready to deliver. (I need to keep telling myself this)
After running some errands tomorrow, she can come at any time. My induction day is set for 7am on April 2nd, so we will have her a week today FOR SURE!!!
Here is my tummy!



Mom this is a pic of our hair so you can see it!

Lanny in the pedicure massage chair - it was amazing!

4 comments:

Larsen said...

Hey lady! Yep count down is on. Why is your doctor stripping your membranes 2 weeks out?? How come you are scheduled for an induction? Doesn't he think you are progressing but wont' go into labor? I am just curious. Hope the next few days go well for you guys! You're parents coming?

Poulsen Family said...

What the heck?! I have the same question as the person who commented first: Why are you getting to be induced a week before your due date?
You're due after me and are being induced before me. That is NO fair.
I'm not going to lie, I'm a little bitter.
In all honesty though, good luck! Enjoy your last few days of freedom :)

Cindy said...

Too cute Eth!! You ARE a cute prego lady--won't go so far as to say sexy!! The baby will come wether your're ready or not...enjoy your mom and family later K? WE're routing for you from afar!!! Let us know how it goes! (you could try caster oil-some find it productive)

Ryan and Janelle said...

Ahhh!!! Good luck! baby day is in 2 days!!!! So looking forward to seeing a BILLION photos of your little girl. :)

REST UP!!! We might just have to come visit!!! ;)