Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The rest of September

The month has been full of fun activities even despite the fact that we have had sooooo much rain. I don't think I will ever get use to it and maybe its because I don't have to, but seriously...soooo much!!!

OUR GARDEN
Despite the fact that we get absolutely ZERO sunshine in our backyard, which is something we didn't know...we still got some fruits of our labors, but next season we will only do shady plants. Either way, it wasn't all in vain.
I got 4 cucumber like this, and the dear ate about 3 of them. I got 2 jalapenos and 1 cayenne pepper. We also got lots of lettuce, chives and herbs.

HIGH SCHOOL FLASHBACK PARTY!
This was such a blast. Unfortunately it was also on the same day as tons of other events so there wasn't a ton of people but it was great! We brought pictures of ourselves in high school, all dressed up as a stereotype, ate cafeteria food and played games all related to high school subjects. It was a blast!!!
The cowgirl and Mr "too cool." Ty even had fake earrings in each ear, it was perfect...perfectly gross.

The letterman Jackets...Mike was so excited to bring it out of the vault.
Hatsuho was "school spirit" and I was a girl jock, so I wore my old jersey and my rip pants.
Our senior picture...together.

OUR 5TH ANNIVERSARY!
Because I had a Tri-Stake General Presidency Training all day on our anniversary we did it the following weekend.

Mike needed a BSU T-shirt so I got him that so he could wear it this season.

I made him chicken cor don bleu from scratch because it is his favorite meal, with hollandaise sauce and mashed potatoes and salad. It was pretty yummy!
I wrote him a poem that reflected on the past 5 years of marriage and our dating time. It was so fun to think back in time and then think of things to rhyme.
Mike told me we were doing something but I didn't have a clue. We dropped Vienna off at our friends the Fitzner's and headed out to Independence. He had booked a hotel room with a Jacuzzi tub in the room. It was my first time leaving Vienna overnight, but it wasn't bad at all. We had lots of fun, relaxing and taking it easy.

PATTERSON FARM

Vienna had to literally smell every flower pot at the farm, every color every size...it took forever!

We went specifically to get more of these AMAZING Honey crisp Apples (they are like a drug for me) but I also wanted to pick some apples as I never have done that before. First thing first...put Vienna to work and she loved it!
swinging in the breeze
Playing on the haystack
Their apple fritters are HUGEnormous and yummers, Mike munching away. Look at the cool white pumpkins in the background.
They have soooo many unique donut flavors, but this one made me think of Canada so I had to take a picture. I did get a few, but only the pumpkin donut, the apple cider donut and the plain maples. They are really good.
Vienna playing with the pumpkins

DADDY'S FOOTBALL GAME!
Mike plays intramural football at his school, each year has their own team. The 2nd years are the "TOOTHFAIRIES" I really need to get a picture of his jersey, but once our 3rd year friends showed up we got distracted.

Evelyn was so good at sharing her fishies with Vienna and then half way through the night they switched snacks all together. It was so cute!


September has been a great month!!!

4 comments:

Poulsen Family said...

Honey Crisp apples are the best!

H.Cook said...

Haha, that cucumber makes me laugh!! Your garden did better than ours... stupid deer! Thanks for coming to our party. Also, in the 5 years we've been here, we've never been able to snag a Patterson's apple fritter! They're always sold out!

Larsen said...

Just catching up on ya....sounds like fun--that farm/country feel of donuts and pumpkins!

Good for your garden! Shade stuff is hard!

I've never had a Honey Crisp apple...I think i'm missin' out!

See around the blog world later!

Ryan and Janelle said...

Oh my gosh! So many comments for this post. Vienna smelling all the flowers - so adorable. Happy 5th anniversary! mike looks all studly in his scrubs! Your veggies looked yummy...too bad you didn't get more! I love the idea of the high school reunion party. hilarious. and lastly, I want you to move back to the WeST SIDE!!!!