Wednesday, January 20, 2016

More Catching Up!

I guess its to be expected that when you try to catch up most of November on December 22nd that you'll be playing catch up for December too. However I didn't think it would take this long. Before I get too far behind I thought I'd do something and even though this is just the first bit of December, at least its something and I know I will get caught up one of these days, but probably not for a few months. Either way, I'm doing it and hopefully it will mean something for my posterity. Our Christmas season began with Grandma and Grandpa's Party, it was so early it wasn't even in December yet, but it was a blast! I have to hand it to them, they spent a ton of time making a life size board game with goodies and gifts along the way. What could be more fun...
Here we are at the beginning, they all have their goody bags for their loot!
everyone got a turn to roll the dice and move up that many steps
The best part was the stairs being turned into a slide and even all the adults did it. Some of us were much sorer than others, but at least we were all good sports.
The kids helped decorate the tree behind us with ornaments of everyone in our family. Too bad Mark and Barb and family couldnt actually be with us, but they were there in image and spirit.
This was a giant poster puzzle that the kids had to assemble as an activity as well and all the family is in it too, if you look closely.
These are my sweet nieces and nephew. What cuties eh.
We all got spoiled and ate more than our fair share of goodies and snacks. 

So far this winter we have had WAY more snow than last winter and so we were lucky enough to welcome a teeny tiny frosty into the family for about 24hrs (if we were lucky) but at least we got to do that.
Oh and of course we had to make snow cones out of the fresh fallen snow. They had a blast doing that.

Santa pictures are always fun and Home Depot is the place to do it!

Vienna has been very lucky this year to be apart of a children's singing group called "Music Notes" and she was even more lucky enough to perform on stage with the Tri-Cities Youth Choir called Forte. I really had NO idea what we were getting ourselves into, but it was by far my favorite show I've seen in a while. I was very impressed and pleasantly surprised, this is much more my thing than ballet.

Mike celebrated his 31st B-day on the 7th. What a baby! We got to go out for ice cream a Dairy Queen with the kiddos, which they loved...of course.
Mike and I were able to keep up our new tradition (hopefully) of going to Leavenworth for a night. It's such a fun little town and nice to spend a little alone time. We couldn't do it without Peg and Alan though.
Mike's Co-workers also celebrated a bit for him, which was a nice surprise.

Aren't these the cutest Christmas shirt boys you ever did see. Man I love those smiles.

I always get excited to decorate for Christmas, but it takes over our home, which I love but that process takes time. The ambiance and magic of Christmas is so memorable and I want my children to have that just as I did growing up.
Last year Peggy had the kids help her with a little homemade Christmas gift and this year she did too. The biggest (pink/purple) one is Viennas, of course. Then the blue one is Lincoln's and the green teeny one is Everett's. Aren't they so cute. They have miniature ornaments and everything. I'm sure its lots of work for Peggy, but they are such fun gifts to receive.

My sweet little Lincoln-elf sure is growing up big. I love seeing the glimpes of my little guy, but they are getting few and far between.

Daddy still tries to have a little beginner lesson with his Nenna girl every now and then and she seems to really enjoy it, I hope that is true when she starts real lessons.
I've still got much more to catch up on, but no matter when I make time, I'm always grateful I did (even though its 1am and I have to work tomorrow) because it allows me a chance to step back, reflect and be reminded that even though day to day life is usually exhausting, and can be challenging there is still always so much to be thankful for and too many blessings to count. 
To be continued....soon....

No comments: