Thursday, January 21, 2016

The rest of December besides Christmas Eve and Day...

Here are a few more things to add to our fun December...even though we didn't have any traveling to do this Christmas it still was really busy.
I got to bake with my little E while Vienna and Lincoln were at school. We made the cookie dough.
I got to bake with my Linc's man while Everett was napping and Vienna was at school. He was very meticulous about those M & M's which is a great quality for baking. We had a good time. What a stud!
Vienna and I got to bake once she was done school, we made gooey carmel popcorn. The air popper was a bit hit for all my kiddos.

Lincoln's preschool is just amazing. I'm so glad Vienna and Lincoln were able to share the same teacher and to build a relationship with her. We are going to miss her terribly next year.
They put on a darling Christmas concert for us.
Cute kids and memories.
Vienna and I went on a Mommy daughter date. We got dinner at a greek restaurant and then went to the Nutcracker, performed by "the big girls" where she took ballet. It was fun to spend time just her and I, but we both have realized that ballet is a bit too long and redundant for our taste. They did an amazing job tho.

We did support them by purchasing a nutcracker

Our ward party took work and the primary was in charge of the entertainment. What we did was perfect and the whole evening was great. Then we went to the illuminary display which was remarkable.

It seems like we always take a trip to Beaverbark to see the reindeer and look around. This year the kids didn't seem too interested in the reindeer, but we still had a nice time.

Everett didn't want to get of this choo-choo

I feel like we actually did a good job this season watching quite a few Christmas movies and I'm so glad. It was the first year we really have. We often would start at dinner time and do this. We also were distracted by the new Star Wars VII release that we also watched all 6 of the previous Star Wars and the kids did great with them. 

This year Walter (our elf) did a great job remembering to be in a different spot, but it was still very exhausting for him to keep it up, so perhaps he will be an even busier elf next year and have to be at the North pole more. Perhaps just a visit or two. One activity he brought was the Santa melty beads and that was a hit!

At Apple Valley they had a fun Christmas party with games, bake-offs and Ugly Christmas sweaters. Amazingly, Mike won the bake off with his White Chocolate Pistachio Cheesecake and got $50, he also won a few other games. I'm so proud of him, considering it was only his second cheesecake ever!

There is a company here in Tri-Cities that does a dancing light display and you tune your radio to listen. It is pretty neat, but the best part about it was the nativity lit up, right across the street. I'm so glad there are so many people out there that remember that Christmas is Christ's Birth celebration.

It's strange, like Everett knew that Christmas was getting closer and he was getting more anxious because he was fine all of December with presents until the 22nd when he decided he couldn't take it anymore and opened 5 presents. What a little stinker right!

There's the ugly sweater for his work party.

Vienna and I did our very first set of Jamberry nails and I was so impressed, mine stayed for 3 weeks!
Our sweet little boy made a first for us...
Having had 3 kids int he same crib, you think you've seen it all, but nope. Everett was fighting a nap one afternoon and I went in to see why and he scared the be-jeepers out of me b/c he was up standing on his changing table playing with the stuff on his shelf. He startled me and that startled him, he started crying and this was the solution...lots of pillows bungy corded...we can no longer use the changing table, but he can't get out either. My oh my kiddo!


Vienna was also lucky enough to have her first sleepover with her cousins. She has been asking me for ages and finally it happened. They did really well according to Tiki. 

Volunteering in Vienna's class is always so much fun! I get to meet her friends and see her interact. I loved making the finger print christmas lights with them and watching them decorate their sugar cookies. We're so grateful for Vienna's wonderful, amazing, supportive Kindergarten teacher Ms. Brantley, we will miss her terribly next year as well.
Of course cold weather makes us get creative with our indoor time and boy do my boys love the indoor playground area and gymnastics place. I sure hope spokane has something like that.
Next in line...Christmas Eve and Christmas Day!

No comments: