Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Canadian Thanksgiving!

Up here in Canada we celebrate Thanksgiving sooner because our harvest is sooner. In most areas up here, if we waited until the end of november to celebrate harvest, it would be full-on winter. It was nice and relaxing to have an extra day off, because I am working like crazy. I worked on saturday, and usually Thanksgiving dinner is done on Sunday or Monday but my dad worked sunday and Lanae worked monday so we did it on saturday right as soon as I got home from work. It was delicious!My Grandma made her well known pumpkin pies, my mom made a first time fresh apple pie and everything else was tradition stuff, like mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, corn, apple salad, stuffing (but with sausage this time), gravy, etc.

Grandma with the babies she made all of her granddaughters, that are so real, its amazing. They even have little bumb cracks and belly buttons.

My parents and Dane went to a wedding reception and looked very fancy so I had to take a picture.

Nan & Grandad joined us for dinner and then we got both Nan & Grandma on the Wii fit, which was more entertainment than a movie, according to Grandad!

Mom & Grandma just chillin after a good turkey dinner.

5 comments:

ANDY, JEN & KIDDIES said...

I feel kind of wierd saying this but Happy Thanksgiving! I'm glad you had a good one!

Larsen said...

Happy T Day to you guys! I knew it was your Tday but forgot to call or anything. My mom reminded me all day.

Anyway, hope it was really nice. and I wish I could have seen Grandma on Wii Fit.

Bummer.

Jeff and Laura said...

Happy Thanksgiving! That is awesome that you get to celebrate it now and later. We miss you! We look forward to seeing you soon:)

Ryan and Janelle said...

Happy Belated Thanksgiving! Looks like you guys had a great time! Can't wait for our turkey day...Gotta get thru halloween first ha! Shoot me an email sometime...miss you.

Val said...

Happy Thanksgiving!(a little late) We miss you in Boise!