Thursday, October 2, 2008

Our Reuniting Weekend in Boise

This is Mike and I on our way out to celebrate our 2nd Anniversary. I knew he had surprises planned for us while I was in town for the weekend, but I had no idea to what extent. He just told me to wear something a little fancy. It was fun to get dressed up. He took me to GoodWood for a very delicious meal of their infamous brisket. It was very filling, after which he blindfolded me and made me listen to his i-pod so I couldn't hear anything. After driving around for about 10 mins he lead me with eyes closed eyes, which is very difficult, up to a gorgeous suite. It had a full kitchen, TV area, king sized bed and a steam shower. It was fun, but it included drinks, yummy cheesecake desert, a full buffet breakfast, goodies like lotion, a lufa, body wash and several other things. We had a great time just relaxing and taking our minds off of school and work. It was such a treat! The time sure went by too quickly. We are already counting down the days that we will see each other again. October 30th isn't that far away, right??? Now we have to plan something fun to do for Halloween.




This was such a comfy and huge bed!!! Someday we will have to get a king.

Mike brought one of our wedding pictures and displayed it on the table, there was sparkling cider and caramel/chocolate popcorn. It really was wonderful! Kudos to Mikey for sure.


The tub and steam shower-sauna thing was great. Maybe we can have one of those in our house in the very far away future.

6 comments:

Monte and Brittany said...

awe! that was so nice of him! very romantic!

Jeff and Laura said...

Way to go Mike! We are so glad you guys had a great time:)

Ryan and Janelle said...

Ahh that is so sweet! Glad you had a nice romantic getaway! We have a king bed and let me tell you - pure bliss! LOVE it :)Miss you guys!!!
jj

Larsen said...

Happy Anni!

I love peeking in on your blog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It helps me feel connected to you, and without it, it's like we're barely even family.

And yes, OCT 30 is a way's away, I have to tell my kids. Or I am constantly bombarded with "Is it Halloween yet??"

ANDY, JEN & KIDDIES said...

I'm glad you guys had a nice weekend for your anniversary. You know Andy always says, and I quote "practice makes perfect." He is sitting by me right now saying way to go Mike! Next time you come back into town we will have to get together with you two and play some games or something. Hope you are both doing well.

Bree said...

Hi Eth! What a fabulous anniversary weekend! Glad you two were able to reunite and pamper one another - you two are SO great! We love and miss you guys - conference weekend was not the same without you guys....I miss our "tradition" - Love ya!