Monday, July 1, 2013

HAPPY CANADA DAY and Other Happenings in June

HAPPY CANADA DAY! Living down in the States during this Holiday is hard because very few people even know it's Canada Day, so I always try to bring the Spirit into our home. Plus my kids aren't being exposed to much Canadian culture down here :( Luckily one of my bestest friends has sent me and my kiddos Canadian shirts and paraphenalia ever year, on her own accord and i LOVE IT! Thanks so much Aarika! This year my husband also contributed to my desires and surprised me with some special Canadian goodies.
A Canada poster, which Vienna loves to do!
An ABC book all about Canada, which I love!
This is a bib from Aarika


We tried really hard to get a good picture but with a 3 year old "mom" trying to make her 1 year brother do the right thing, we had no luck. Vienna is wearing her shirt from Arrika and Lincoln is wearing his onesie from her and I am wearing my shirt that Lanae and I bought in Niagara falls last year with my pants that I have had for 15 years ish. I had to work today so no big celebrations were had, but I have bing plans for next year and every year after that and I can't wait!!!


I didn't put all of these pics on here on purpose but obviously the first one was our best one and they all have their struggles.



This is what they looked like straight out of the box. 
Right now, Calgary (my home town) is recovering from the worst natural disaster it has ever seen and I am sad that I can't be there to help all the flood victims and serve my fellow Calgarians, but one thing I know for sure is we are strong and have a hard working mindset and even though there is so much damage and devastation we are still having fireworks downtown with an emphasis on taking city transit and bringing home garbage and debris from all the flooding. How awesome and as far as I know, my hometowns biggest event of the year, "The Calgary Stampede" is still going to happen despite the flooding. We need all the Spirit and rejuvenation we can get and it makes me so happy and proud to see the positive attitudes of everyone.

On another note these are some of our other fun things that happened in June!
Vienna has flourished in her swim lessons and has become quite the dare devil in the water.

Her last day of the session before the swim party, this is such a cute picture. At the swim party they let you break all the rules and go down the slide with your instructor or jump off the diving board to them and she did both of those things several times. It was so cute to watch her!
Mike is pretty much the best Dad and husband ever. I was outside working in the yard and came in to find Mike and Vienna and I was told not to come in the room because it was a surprise. Once I was let in the room I discovered a fort over her bed and she was thrilled. In fact it stayed this way for quite a few days. What a cute man to think of such a fun idea for her! 
Last but not least...
Vienna is not in a big-big girl booster seat that using a real seatbelt.

My big Lincoln man is now a forward facing dude and loving every minute of it.
Things are going really well and I am 13 weeks pregnant and showing and it sucks, but my body knows what this pregnancy thing is all about and its going there quickly.
Mike is loving being a Sr in dental school and not having the evil Dr. D to answer to. He has officially decided to not do a GPR (1 year hospital based residency in General dentistry), which means we are officially leaving this area in May June. I still can't believe it, but I'm very excited to see where life will take us next. We love adventure!

No comments: