Sunday, December 7, 2014

December is so fun!

Having little ones in your home, but not too little where they don't know what Christmas is, has been so much fun. Every night we have done a short Christmas devotional that includes a song, a scripture, and an activity. It has been so nice to do and it is helping keep the focus of Christmas on Christ's birth and that the gifts of self are so much more valuable and any money that can be spent. 
We have also enjoyed having Walter (our elf) join our family and the kids love waking up looking for him and seeing if he has brought notes or a little treat or gift. 
We have so much more to go, but just trying to keep up with it all...
 decorating our home has been so much fun! They love window decals
 This Nativity just for kids has been so popular, I'm so glad we got it this year and every family with a toddler needs one, without a doubt!
 Last year Mike got me this advent calendar for Christmas, so this year is my first year and Mike has done such a great job so far. Little notes inside, lead me to a hidden gift. He is so sweet to do this, so thoughtful! I love it!
 My nativities are somewhat safe up on the piano
 Our magnet door is covered in a variety of advent calendars and giant snowman magnets.
 We absolutely l-o-v-e our personalized stockings!
 somehow we have ended up with trees everywhere and I love it!
 Vienna working on her Christmas homework. She loves her homework!
 One night I noticed that my baby Jesus from my moosetivity  was missing and so I asked Vienna, "Do you know where my baby Jesus is?" she looked at me a bit sheepishly and said, "follow me". She lead me to my advent and pointed to the 25th. She said "He is in there because that is His Birthday" It was so priceless and adorable, but I still had to ask her not to touch my breakable Nativities. I just love her sensitivity.
 Walter brought all the kids Christmas socks today and Vienna wanted everyone to wear them to church and so she put them on top of her nylons...what a girl! It wasn't a big deal for the boys.
 Here is Walter, he is so much fun to have around.
 Well Home Depot is the place to go for Santa pics. Not only is it free but it's not busy, they give you a print out of the picture they take and the give out a full size candy cane afterward. Wow! Santa did great as well.
 On December 4th, our little Everett turned 11 Months. Oh boy! He is such a boy and wants to be right in the middle of all the things Vienna and Lincoln are doing. It is so cute to watch. He appreciates their company and is lonely without them. He doesn't mind the attention as long as its not excessive (which happens more often than I'd like). He is moving all over and will be walking any day now as he is already taking 2-3 steps all on his own, just in time to add to the Christmas madness. LOL. We sure love our happy, sweet, inquisitive little boy.

So I decided to take pics by the Christmas tree in our church clothes, holy cow...I took 12 pictures and none of them are that "perfect' one, but here are some of them...and yes, I bribed them with cough drops.


We sure love these little people and all that they teach...especially about patience.

No comments: