Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Our Thanksgiving Week!

This year we were lucky enough to have Mema and Auntie Lanae join us and it was such a blast. This was our first Thanksgiving at our home. In the years past we have always had a huge Turkey dinner potluck at the church with all the student family and I missed that in some ways and in other ways it was nice to be home. We ordered our dinner from Fred Meyer because we didn't want to spend 2 days making it all and we got way too much food, but it was good and they day was so relaxing!
The day Mema and Lanae arrived snuggles!
This blue eyed doll is always at my ankles asking for loves!
Auntie Nae time
snuggle buggles
We had Peg and Alan over for Hawaiian Haystacks! They brought us some super yummy pie from Shari's and Grandma Merle's Oatmeal cookies. Afterward we played a Chrismas trivia game and it was lots of fun to get into the Spirit. The above and below picture were taken by our local photographer, Vienna Elise! She did a really good job.

Thanksgiving day was wonderful! It was warm and sunny. We all joined Mike at his Turkey bowl with his buddy Joe Powers. It was at the highschool so we brought the kids bikes and Vienna went around twice and Lincoln pushed Everett all over the place too. Mom and Lanae looked at all the Black Friday ads.

Mike played the piano
We all did somersaults down the hill.

 Mike made a grizzly bear pie and it was delicious! So much of me wants to do my own dinner and so much of me doesn't. When I do I want to have a pumpkin cheesecake instead of a pie, and if Mike wants to make his grizzly bear pie I'm happy about that as well.
Some of our Thanksgiving decor


 My mom and Lanae saw the Kohl's ad and were hooked, they left at 5:30 for the opening at 6pm.
Mike and I stayed with the kids and played trouble, did choo choo, puzzles and wrestled. Then once they were in bed we had Amanda come over and we joined Lanae and Mom at kohl's where they were just about to check out. Boy I wish I would have taken a picture, it was a shoe mountain. We were out until 12:30 in the morning. I was so tired and only had 1 pair of shoes, and a shirt to show for it. Either way it was still so much fun!!! I dropped off Amanda and when I got home Mike was asleep but all my Christmas totes were out for me to start decorating in the morning!
The kids watching Charlie Brown's Thanksgiving after dinner
Vienna in her pilgrim hat. Such a cutie!
Everett was actually napping for dinner so he got to eat with mema before all the food arrived.
We are so blessed and had such a great Thanksgiving. Thanks to God above for all of it!

On Saturday we went to Bill's Berry Farm in Grandview and it was so cute. It was cold but there were so many fun photo places, a hayride, gorgeous Christmas trees, yummy donuts, cider and hot chocolate a camp fire and a little nativity scene. I can't wait to go back for their other festivals. 
 Getting ready for the hayride to starat
 In the orchard trees!
 snuggles
 cozy with Auntie Nae
 Everett was snuggled in his cocoon so he didn't make the pic but he made the next one...kinda
 There he is in the stroller
 Such an adorable frame with skates
 I absolutely adore this man and I am so blessed to call him mine!

Decorating took 5 days to complete, but its officially done. Below you can see the kids placement of the ornaments...all low and clumped in front.

 The final product. The bobbles had to be moved up high because we found Everett with a broken one in his hand and mouth. I know right...scary!!!
 Getting ready for church is always tricky with so many young kids, but with Mema and Lanae's help, it is much easier to do it all.

He got ready all by himself, no help from Mema or Lanae...and look how handsome he is!
I love this truck scene!
It was a great week and we're looking forward to seeing everyone in 3 more weeks.

No comments: