Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Back to School Dinner...

This is a Tradition I'd like to have. I was inspired by a remarkable person I knew in Cleveland and I Love it. Not only to have a Back to School dinner but also to have a back to school Family Home Evening where each child is given a Father's blessing and we introduce our "school" theme for the year. This year our Theme is from the Bible...Matthew 5:14-16, which is "Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hid, neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel but on a candlestick, and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. Let your light shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." I have a picture with images that will help the kids to memorize this and several of our family home evening lessons. Our children have loved this. Vienna has asked on 2 or 3 occasions about next years dinner and what grade she will be in and Lincoln. The "theme" (scripture) for the year has been fun for them as well to see the images and try to figure out and remember what they symbolize. Having a family is so special, powerful and absolutely critical to our Nation and when I sit down and take a moment to contemplate this, I am SO grateful to have a belief that families can be and are eternal. I am very blessed to have that Faith and Hope!
We made our own school bus placemats...it was a blast.





We are going to have a very fulfilling 2015-2016 School Year!

No comments: