Monday, September 21, 2015

Lincoln's First Day, Our Anniversary and A Party for G-pa!

Luckily for our little Linc's man he got to go to preschool before Vienna got to go to kindergarten (not so lucky for her. She was very good about it, especially it was with her same teacher from last year. Lincoln was also very excited to go to Vienna's preschool so that was helpful. He was very good about leaving snuggles at home (even though I put him in his backpack w/o him knowing, just in case). He didn't need it or ask for it at all. Trying to get his first day of school picture was kinda tricky as you can see. He is the sweetest, spunkiest, particular little boy out there, and we love him bundles.
For some reason they all had to get in on the picture at first.
This is all, but most of my attempts to get a good photo. Who am I kidding.
This was at preschool itself. He is going to have a great year!

The next day, on the 9th Mike and I celebrated our 9th year on the 9th day of the 9th Month, so that was pretty fun! We went out to I-hop for dinner (no cooking for me - and f-a-n-c-y - I know you're all jealous) and that night, Mike continued on our Marathon of  dates with one more...
This was my clue...
It ended up being a strobe light dance party (just him and I) with a sweet playlist from our Jr. High days and we had a blast. We got tired after about 30mins, but still  - the worm, running man, Space Jam - "The World's Greatest", Celine Dion - "My heart will go on" and so much more! So glad he is mine in this life and the next and that we are sealed together for eternity. Nothing makes me happier. 

That weekend we celebrated Grandpa's Birthday with a yummy patio at dinner. 
There was always something magical for me as a child growing up going to my Grandparents every Sunday for dinner, us cousins lived for it. We loved the card games, hanging out, great conversation and relationship strengthening. I can already see that my children love going to Grandma and Grandpa's and playing with their cousins. They feel that magic like I did and I love it. 
I sure hope I live close to my children and their children, so I can have them over for Sunday dinner, sleepovers and take them on dates often. Nothing is more important than family relationships and time spent together, even if it makes life busy, takes time to prep and stressful at times, its all a labor of love. 
Here are some cute pics with some of his Grandkids...

GRANDPARENTS ARE SPECIAL!!!

No comments: